Friday, May 27, 2011

Shopping complete

Ok so almost 8 hours of food shopping all over Long Island has lead me to an overstuffed fridge, a Popeye's chicken dinner and a desire to pass out on the couch.  Over 50 lbs of meat plus everything else.  The brisket was only 13 lbs, but I liked it a lot more than the 17lb one.  If you haven't ever been to a Western Beef (and you love meat) you need to get your ass to one.  Half of the store is a walk in refrigerator full of huge cuts of meat.  They will also custom trim anything for you as well.  It was like I had died and gone to heaven.

The guy at Costco hooked me up with a really big pack of the pork butt and it looks extra fatty.  It's not even 8 am on Friday and I am already prepping the crawfish tails to begin stuffing the jalapenos and pre-breading the pickles.  Both have to be frozen to fry properly.  This also really helps reduce my workload the day of the BBQ, since I can just grab everything out of the freezer and throw it in the deep fryer. 

I am not looking forward to the rest of the housework to be completed today, but if I can get it all done, then tomorrow is just relaxing and beginning the smoking process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment